Belize is unique because it enjoys a shared identity with both Central America and the Caribbean. This tiny country, located in Central America, has quickly made it to the top of the international real estate radar. Belize is bordered to the north by Mexico, the south and west by Guatemala, and to the east by the Caribbean Sea.
Since the recent arrival of several worldwide hotel brands, Belize has quickly become a hot international real estate market. Tourism arrivals have consistently been on the rise since 2015, due to international air carriers opening convenient routes to travel to Belize.
TOP 7 REASONS TO INVEST IN BELIZE
- English is the official language.
- British Common Law means that you can own property in their your own name.
- The Belize dollar tracks the US dollar at 2:1.
- Belize is a T-8 Tax Haven and has no capital gains tax, no estate tax, very low property tax, and 3% income tax on rental income.
- The Cost of living is much less than most metropolitan areas in North America.
- Proximity. Belize is a short flight to the US and shares US time zones.
- Belize’s booming tourism means strong rental income for real estate investors to generate a return from their asset.