Belize is unique because it enjoys a shared identity with both Central America and the Caribbean. The tiny country is located in Central America and is bordered to the north by Mexico, to the south and west by Guatemala, and to the east by the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
Since the recent arrival of several worldwide hotel brands, Belize real estate has quickly become one of the hottest markets in the Caribbean. Tourism arrivals have consistently been on the rise since 2015, due to international air carriers opening convenient routes to travel to Belize.
TOP 7 REASONS TO INVEST IN BELIZE
- English is the official language.
- British Common Law means that international investors can own property in their own name.
- The Belize dollar tracks the US dollar at 2:1.
- Belize is a T-8 Tax Haven and has no capital gains tax, no estate tax, very low property tax, and 3% income tax on rental income generated.
- Cost of living is much less than most metropolitan areas in North America.
- Proximity. Belize is a short flight to the US and shares US time zones.
- Belize’s booming tourism means strong rental income for real estate investors interested in generating a return from their asset.
Get in now on the rapid development of Belize’s real estate market! Ready to buy now or just exploring Belize real estate options for later, we’re here to answer your questions!
The James Group is a boutique Belize real estate concierge and buyer’s agent with services tailored to the needs of the international investor. Our main office is located on Ambergris Caye, but we are active in a number of Belize mainland destinations as well.
What can The James Group do for you?
- Host you or your group on a 2-3 day trip to Belize. We’ll show you the various properties available in San Pedro, San Ignacio and throughout Belize based on your interests and investment style. Let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll customize the experience.
- Give you the most comprehensive overview of Belize and its unique Caribbean lifestyle.
- Educate you on Belize’s economic market conditions, cost of living, tourism statistics, and investment benefits.
- Ensure you are properly educated on Belize law and ownership rights as a foreigner.
- Provide sound price guidance throughout the process and negotiate the best sale price on your selected property.
- Walk you through the crucial negotiating and closing process.